SGS North America Environment, Health & Safety
Winter Holiday Schedule 2019-2020
SGS North America Environment, Health and Safety will be closed for the holidays on Wednesday, December 25, 2019 and Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
In order to accommodate your project needs including pickups, deliveries and sample holding times around the holiday, please note the following;
- Please submit samples before noon on both Tuesday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 31.
- Temperature sensitive samples should not be shipped by courier the day before the holiday. Send samples on the next available business day.
- Samples for BOD analysis collected on Wednesday, December 18 or on Thursday, December 19 must be received by noon on Thursday, December 19.
- Samples for BOD analysis collected on Wednesday, December 25 or on Thursday, December 26 must be received before noon on Thursday, December 26 (This is to address the 48-hour holding time and the 5-day incubation period).
- Samples for most microbiological testing should be submitted by noon on Saturday, December 21 and on Saturday, December 28. In addition, samples for Heterotrophic Plate Count should be submitted by noon on Saturday, December 21 and on Saturday, December 28 (This is to address the 24 – 48-hour holding time).
- Tedlar® airbag samples for TO3 analysis must be submitted by Saturday, December 21 or on Saturday, December 28 (This is to address the 36-hour holding time).
- Schedule your SGS sample pickups in advance where possible.
- Third party couriers including FedEx have reduced pickups during the holiday. Please call your courier service for local pick up schedules.
- Schedule bottle orders in advance of the holiday when possible.
Please coordinate all projects accordingly and contact your Client Service Representative or Account Manager if you have any special needs or concerns.