SGS NORTH AMERICA INC. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
2020 MEMORIAL DAY SCHEDULE
SGS North America Inc., Environmental Health and Safety laboratories and service centers will be closed on Monday, May 25, in celebration of Memorial Day but will operate within normal business hours on the days before and after the holiday. We will be accepting samples from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Saturday, May 23, 2020 and will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
In order to accommodate holding times around the holiday, please take note of the following:
- We will not be accepting samples during the closure. For emergency or after-hours support, please contact your Project or Account Manager.
- BOD samples collected on Monday, May 18 or Tuesday, May 19 must be received by the lab by 12 PM on Tuesday, May 19. These times are to address the 48-hour holding time and the 5-day incubation period.
- Samples with short holding times or incubation periods (BOD, EColi, Coliforms, Encore samplers, Residual Chlorine, Turbidity) should not be collected the day before the holiday. Please schedule these collections before or after the holiday.
- Please try to submit air samples for TO3 analysis by Thursday, May 21, to allow time for analysis before the holiday weekend. These samples should not be collected on May 23 or 24.
- Schedule your SGS sample pickups and bottle orders in advance where possible.
- Temperature sensitive samples should not be shipped by courier the day before the holiday. Send samples on the next available business day.
- Third party couriers including FedEx have reduced pickups during the holiday. Call your courier service for local pick-up schedules.
Please coordinate all projects accordingly and contact your Project Manager if you have any special needs or concerns.
Have a safe and happy holiday.