- This event has passed.
Lunch and Learn: PFAS SAMPLING AND ANALYSIS – Ypsilanti, MI
November 14, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
Recent headlines speak for themselves: PFAS found in drinking water for 1.5M in Michigan and State hunting for potential sources of PFAS in Flint’s Gilkey Creek are just two and there are many more.
Per and polyfluorinated alkyl contaminant (PFAS) contamination has become a major environmental issue in Michigan, North America and globally, and SGS wants to arm you with the best information so you’re ready to handle your specific requirements.
Lunch and Learn:
PFAS SAMPLING AND ANALYSIS to be presented twice in two convenient Michigan locations:
- Wednesday, November 14 – 11:00 am – 2:30 pm
The Ann Arbor Marriot Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest Golf Resort
1275 S. Huron Street, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- Thursday, November 15 – 11:00 am – 2:30 pm
Holiday Inn Grand Rapids – Airport
3063 Lake Eastbrook Blvd SE, Kentwood, MI 49512
Includes: Free Lunch Buffet!
Presenters: An all-star list of leading PFAS experts including:
- Harry Behzadi, VP Business Development, SGS EHS North America
- Tammy Helminski, partner and a member of the firm’s Environmental Law Department at Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- David Blye, Principal Chemist, Environmental Standards at CEAC
- Dale Wynkoop, Director of Sales, Applications and Product Development at ECT2
What do you need to know to keep your company or clients safe and in compliance?
The Lunch and Learn will address:
- What are PFAS contaminants?
- What should consulting engineers know about PFAS contaminants?
- DOs and DON’T’s for field sampling
- What should regulators, municipal wastewater treatment plant and landfill managers know about PFAS contaminants?
- Analytical methods and challenges associated with polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)
- Using intelligent chemistry to drive high-quality data
- Methods of removing PFAS compounds from water
- PFAS fish advisory on bodies of water and how we identify them
- New updates on PFAS regulations
- And much more.
SGS EHS North America is an independent environmental testing laboratory providing defensible data since 1956. Our accredited laboratories, capacity to get the job done, depth of PFAS experience working with industrial and government clients and state-of-the-art instrumentation allows us to offer you this valuable presentation and help you in the future.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from the experts, interact with your colleagues and walk away with valuable materials that will guide you as you confront PFAS issues.
We look forward to seeing you!
Space is limited. Please RSVP by November 8.
PFAS Lunch and Learn RegistrationRegister Now for this One-of-a-Kind Opportunity to Learn What You Need to Know about PFAS Analysis and Lunch is On Us!
Request a Meeting with one of our Experts during the Event: